Time as hrd

One of my tasks at my office now as a human resources development (HRD). And as the name of the job means that I have to handle staff from the interview until they are already work with my organization.

Of course to handle staff is not easy as well. I have to have more patience than my boss. I have to be their ear - to hear their problems and my boss problems or complains about them. To hear people problems and try the best to find the solution for their problems is one of my best :D But to tell them again and again about their same mistakes in the nice way or to be patience with their bad attitude, that is the problems of mine. Or to have a noted when they come to the office, if they are really attending the workshop or meeting. And especially if they need my attention at my busy time. Or if they have arguing between them. Or if I have to provide what they needy, or to provide everything which make the works atmosphere at my office support their work, so they will feel comfortable to work. Thats all sometimes make me feel so exhaustion. Yup, I have to be like kind of mom for people at my office, that is the reason why my boss and my colleagues call me "mom" :D

But beyond of this, the hard things when I have my own problem with the office. I have to wait my boss, because I could not tell others about mine. And because he is always using this moment to share of his problem too, so usually it is ended with kind of sharing our feeling. LOL

That is the good things as over thirty woman, you are already mature enough to handle your feeling. You are already pass the time to be "wanna be center of attention" and you are already experiences with many things which you can use as a resources to help others.

The hard times as hrd is when you should to choose the best candidates for one position or to give the suggestion to your boss to fire someone because of his/her work and habit can not be tolerated anymore. Because it means that you will make them loose their opportunity to have a job or to get income (as you know, it is hard to find job in Jakarta as well).

But of course I love my job now, one side I have to handle budget, expenditure, finance which is connecting with number and logic and another side I have to handle with people who is connecting with feeling :D. Nice combination, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment