Time with Under Secretary USA


Last week I had a great time because, under my tons of works, my boss asked me to attend the USAID annual partnership meeting with him, which was at the meeting, the under secretary for Democracy and Global Affairs US Department of State and the US Ambassador for Indonesia came.

For me of course to meet the US Ambassador it is not something special. But to meet the under secretary - Maria Otero, it is something special. She is the very very important people (vvip) at the meeting. She take a very good position at Obama's regime, her awards and recognition include selection by Newsweek in October 2005 as one of the United State's 20 most influential women!! So, can you imagine how lucky I am that I could meet her personally (of course it will be more special if I could meet Hilary Clinton personally - I am her fan :) . Wish me luck, I could meet her one day, will you?)

The wonderful moment of course cause I could take a picture side by side with her. Hi ... she eve put her hand at my waist when we took a picture and did not release it until the photo session finished. She is really a warm woman. And actually not like a formality too much, but her job and her position force her to obey the formality procedural. We even talked a bit, she said I should work hard for my people (Indonesian people) and she said thank you for my dedicated work for my country as a part of Indonesia civil society.

Of course I felt a bit shame, because I thought, until now I never did something big for my country and I thought if my office did not pay me, may be I did not want to work. LOL I am not kind of activist who is really speaking up for the people or fighting for the right of people.

So thanks God ... I love You so much :D




No comments:

Post a Comment