The things you should be aware at the reunion

The first week of October, I attended one big reunion at my college. The big reunion because people who came there is from the first generation at my college (around 1979), until the youngest one who just begin their college time last year.

Of course, in my age, reunion always kind of dilemma. Because in one side, you really want to meet your old friends badly, want to chit chat with them, talk about our old time and how silly we were at that time. But the other side, for single and above thirty, it will looks like hell, because almost all your friends have their own family (husband/wife and children), and they will be busy to talk about how lovely their partner is and how gorgeous their children. And then they begin to wonder and ask why you are still single, then they begin to think who around of your friend who is still single too, or begin to preach you to make you realize how happy is life when you have your own family (as look as I never think about it).

Then, begin to preach about how to get a husband/wife, that I should change my habit to be picky (uhm.... should ask them too, how could they judge that I am too picky, because I think even to get one man and make him, purpose me .... it is soooooooooooo hard, even to get man to love me .... it is still hard for me. LOL, so how can they tell me that I am picky? hahahahahaha)

And because I am a woman, it will add with how it will be hard for me to get pregnant because of my age (hi ... may be many of them never read that Madonna, Sandra Bullock etc, got pregnant at 40!!!!).

But this reunion ... I did not have many trouble things like this. (Really thanks God for His mercy this time .... LOL), it was raining and of course because I was with someone who has same problem as I am. So had him as the companion, at least made me not feel too sad about this kind of nightmare reunion. The reason that I felt so comfortable to enjoy the reunion with him around me. LOL

Of course it is not mean that nothing happen at my reunion.

So the night before the reunion, I came to my college and stayed a bit at my organization camp. As the member of kind of nature lover organization at my college, and because the biggest part of the members were the committee of the reunion, I wanted to support them.

But at that time many of the members are new members there, and I did not know they well. For them of course they knew that I am their senior and tried to be nice to me as my junior . Asked me what I need, whether I wanted to drink something etc (hi it is one the good thing to be old ... hahahahahhaa)

Then, one of the young members, asked me nicely, when did I join with my organization. So, of course without think about anything, I told them that I joined at 1993. And I saw all amazing faces there when I said that number. Then ..... one of them suddenly said ... uhm .... mbak(mean elder sister in Indonesia) at that time, I was just one years old !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine? at that time, half of them just one years old !!!!!!!!!! I am OLD
I felt suddenly panic and thought how old I am .............. hiks hiks hiks hiks hiks. And felt suddenly I am as old as my mom!!!!!!!

So the things you (as woman, single and above thirty) should be aware at the reunion: beside your friends with their family life ..... please be careful with your junior too. Because they could make your life like hell when they said how young they are compare with you!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment