Happy Birthday Jakarta - 484 yo

Today is Jakarta's birthday.

Jakarta is a capital of Republic Indonesia, where I was born and where I am living now. Almost 10 million people are living in Jakarta, which has wide range 661.5 km2. Jakarta is number 6 biggest metropolitan city in this world, with average temperature yearly 27C - 38C (77F - 100 F). Yup it is sooo warm, we do not have any winter here :D

You can find the richer and the poorer in Jakarta, you can find luxurious and remote place, you can find best man and bad guy. You can almost all in Jakarta :) Like white and black at the piano, you can find it in one place together name Jakarta. LOL Jakarta is like never sleeping town, you can find almost everything 24 hours in here. Especially for food and hang out place.

Many Indonesia people are still thinking that Jakarta is the place of hope. So they are moving from their town and trying hard to find a better life in here. A few of them are success but not rarely are failed, and this failed people never want back to their town, and still trying they best to do everything. I mean, they are really take all job that they can have with small salaries (e.g. as a street sweeper, toilet cleaning, newspaper seller, beggar), or they are trying to do the forbidden job such as hooker, drug seller etc. They even force their small children to work to support their family (usually as a beggar or newspaper seller, street singers). So wise Indonesia man always such that Jakarta is the heaven and the hell city.

The famous one from Jakarta is traffic jam. You have to have a big patience with this kind of traffic jam. I can give you example, I take almost 2 - 2 1/2 hours from my home to my office or 4 - 5 hours return with the traffic jam. But if in the holiday (e.g. Saturday, Sunday or public holiday), I just need 1 - 11/2 hours. Can you imagine?

Actually I do not like Jakarta so much, because it is too crowded, and awful traffic jam. But I am working in here now, and my work place is nice. And whole my family is living in her. I mean, I do not want to change it now :D

I was moving to Jakarta, (I mean really move my work, move my place of living) is March 2009. Even though all my family living in Jakarta since ages, but I got to use to live far away from my family before. So I was back to Jakarta may be every 2 or 4 months, or whenever I had to transit to Jakarta from other Island.

If you asked me whether I enjoy or not to live in here, I just can tell you, I am trying to enjoy my life no matter where I am. I do not want my grieve become my barrier to feel happy.

So one day if you come to Indonesia, please come to Jakarta and see the night life (hang out place, yummy food). I bet, you will feel happy and forget about the worse traffic light in the morning or afternoon :D







No comments:

Post a Comment